Highlights of Rajasthan with Pushkar Festival
Small group tour
14 days -
In this tiny slice of India, a wealth of history, culture and colour surrounds you. Immerse yourself in the iconic monuments of Delhi and Agra, and the imposing grandeur of Rajasthan’s hilltop forts. Spot wildlife in rugged Ranthambore National Park and delight in the region’s sumptuous cuisine. Stay amongst the color and excitement of the famous Pushkar mela, attracting thousands of desert nomads and their camels and cattle in one of India's most exciting events.
- 11 nights hotel accommodation
- 2 nights luxury tented camp accommodation
- breakfast daily
- 5 dinners
- 2 lunches
- 2 jeep safaris
- transport in air-conditioned vehicles (excluding jeep safaris)
- small group touring
- entrance fees (camera fees not included)
- Western tour leader based on a minimum of 7 travellers
- local English-speaking guides
- return transfers.
Prices and Departures
Small Group Tour Itinerary
DAYS 1-2: DELHI
Arrive in Delhi and transfer to your hotel. Explore Old Delhi's fascinating sites , after a tour of the beautiful tomb of Emperor Humayun's Travel by rickshaw from India's largest mosque, Jama Masjid, down Chandni Chowk laneways, and take a walking tour exploring Delhi's culinary delights. Visit a Sikh temple in the afternoon.
Hotel: Maidens Hotel
DAYS 3-5: AGRA & RANTHAMBORE NATIONAL PARK
Drive to Agra and explore the Agra Fort with your first views of the distant Taj Mahal. The next morning, visit this iconic monument to love. Travel by road to Ranthambore National Park, and visit a women's co-operative for chai and to see handicrafts being made. Embark on game drives in the early morning and late afternoon, the best times to spot wildlife.
Hotel: Double Tree by Hilton Agra
Hotel: Fort Nahargarh
DAYS 6-7: JAIPUR
Drive to Jaipur and visit a royal observatory. Spend free time exploring, and in the evening you can opt to view a Bollywood movie. Visit a traditional milk market and the dramatic façade of the Hawa Mahal or Palace of the Winds. Venture out to the vast hilltop Amber Fort amidst stark desert hills. On a free afternoon, explore Jaipur's lively bazaar.
Hotel: Shahpura House
DAYS 8-9: PUSHKAR FESTIVAL
Drive into Rajasthan's desert hills and begin exploring the annual Pushkar mela, one of India's great festivals. Immerse yourself in the traditions of Rajasthan as locals trade livestock, the adventurous partake in camel races and an abundance of fabrics, leather and jewellery overflow from the many stalls. Desert tribes and nomads flock to this riotously colourful event, ensuring a once in a lifetime experience.
Hotel: Aagman Tents
DAYS 10-11: JODHPUR
Drive to the Blue City of Jodhpur to wander the towering Meherangarh Fort and the town's vividly colourful bazaar.
Hotel: Ranbanka Palace
DAYS 12-14: UDAIPUR
A scenic drive through the Aravali Hills takes you to enchanting Udaipur, one of the world's most romantic cities, stopping at the World Heritage-listed Jain temples at Ranakpur. Wander the lakeside streets, the bustling bazaars, and the ornate cupolas and balconies of the City Palace, and enjoy a heritage walk from Delhi Gate to Surajpol. A boat cruise offers views of the fairytale Lake Palace rising from Lake Pichola. Perhaps shop for one of the city’s famed artworks. Enjoy a delicious farewell dinner and a departure transfer.
Hotel: Udai Kothi
* From prices subject to availability and subject to change. Prices may fluctuate if surcharges, fees, taxes or currency change. Amounts payable to third parties not included. Airfares not included unless otherwise specified. Agents may charge service fees and/or fees for credit card payments which vary. Please check all prices, availability and other information with your travel consultant before booking. If you book with Insider Journeys an additional 2% fee applies to credit card or charge card payments (except in North America, where no fee is charged). Insider Journeys general booking conditions apply click here.