Highlights of Laos - Gold Accommodation
Small group tour
6 days -
From AU$3132* PP
Laidback Laos is home to smiling faces, stunning river scenery and delicious cuisine. Discover Vientiane's atmospheric temples and riverside eateries, while beautiful Luang Prabang reveals elaborate monasteries, colourful markets and a delightful blend of architecture. Mingle with the locals on a visit to a family home for a special Lao blessing, play a round of petanque and see hundreds of robed monks collecting morning alms, as you discover the true heart of Laos.
- 5 nights hotel accommodation
- breakfast daily
- 2 lunches and 2 dinners
- 1 internal flight within Asia
- transport in air-conditioned vehicles (except walking touring and electric trolleys in Luang Prabang)
- small group touring
- entrance fees
- Western tour leader based on a minimum of 7 travellers
- local English-speaking guides
- return transfers
Prices and Departures
Small Group Tour Itinerary
DAYS 1-2: VIENTIANE
On arrival in Vientiane, transfer to your hotel. The country's riverside capital is full of alluring monuments. Taste traditional Lao coffee at a local coffee shop in the morning, and then explore some of the city's most famous landmarks, such as Wat Sisaket, Wat Pha That Luang and Patuxai. Explore the COPE Centre and learn more about its role in helping victims of ordinance left over from the tragic 'Secret War', and visit a weaving workshop to learn about the importance of textiles to Lao culture. In the late afternoon, receive a unique welcome in a traditional Lao baci ceremony in a local home.
Hotel: Settha Palace
DAYS 3-6: LUANG PRABANG & PAK OU CAVES
A short flight brings you to the fabled riverside town of Luang Prabang. Take a walking tour of beautiful Wat Mai and the Royal Palace, then participate in a fun cooking class in a beautiful rural setting bamboo weaving demonstration. Play a hands-on role in making your own delicious dinner, in a delightful pavilion overlooking rice paddies. The next day, savour a traditional Lao breakfast and French coffee at an eatery frequented by your guide. Explore the city's famous sites on foot, including Xieng Thong, the tip of the peninsula and the Royal Palace jetty. A boat trip to Pak Ou Caves unveils a vast collection of Buddha sculptures spanning many centuries. Return to Luang Prabang for free time. Rise early to witness the ancient ritual of local monks collecting alms at dawn, then visit a morning market. Visit the scenic Kuang Si Falls and learn the art of making sticky rice and grilled chicken - your own picnic lunch. End with a game of petanque and sunset drinks. Enjoy a farewell dinner before departing the next day.
Hotel: Maison Souvannaphoum
* From prices subject to availability and subject to change. Prices may fluctuate if surcharges, fees, taxes or currency change. Amounts payable to third parties not included. Airfares not included unless otherwise specified. Agents may charge service fees and/or fees for credit card payments which vary. Please check all prices, availability and other information with your travel consultant before booking. If you book with Insider Journeys an additional 2% fee applies to credit card or charge card payments (except in North America, where no fee is charged). Insider Journeys general booking conditions apply click here.