Small group tour
15 days -
Delve further into Vietnam on this overland journey, which reveals treasures many tourists miss. The diverse landscapes of this alluring country unfold slowly before you, offering an array of cultural gems, smiling locals, and mouth-watering cuisine. Meet fisher folk in Hoi An and farmers in the Mekong Delta. Experience an ever-changing backdrop, from sparkling seaside Nha Trang to the quirky hilltop Dalat, through verdant farmlands to the bustling cities of Hanoi and Saigon and glistening Halong Bay.
- 12 nights hotel accommodation
- 1 night cruise accommodation
- 1 overnight train
- breakfast daily
- 4 lunches and 2 dinners
- 1 internal flight within Asia
- transport in air-conditioned vehicles
- small group touring
- entrance fees
- Western tour leader based on a minimum of 7 travellers
- local English-speaking guides
- return transfers
Prices and Departures
Small Group Tour Itinerary
DAYS 1-4: HANOI & HALONG BAY
On arrival in Hanoi, transfer to your hotel. Meet the small group and tour leader you will share your journey with for a welcome drink and tour briefing. In the morning, embark on a tour of Hanoi's compelling sites, including the Temple of Literature and the infamous 'Hanoi Hilton' prison. Enjoy an evening water puppet theatre show. The next day, drive to Halong Bay and board your overnight cruise amongst thousands of limestone islands. Return to Hanoi and board an overnight train to Hue.
Hotel: Golden Silk Boutique Hotel
Hotel: Overnight boat
Hotel: Overnight train
DAYS 5-7: HUE & HOI AN
In Hue, unearth an array of historic sites, including the Citadel and the Thien Mu Pagoda. At the Spiral Foundation, learn from the deaf and mute workers how to make local handicrafts. Visit Tu Duc's tomb and an incense workshop, then take a scenic road journey to Hoi An. Explore on foot in the afternoon. Join an informative Fisherman Ecotour, then enjoy a tour of Hoi An’s markets and streets.
Hotel: Moonlight Hotel
Hotel: Ancient House Resort
DAYS 8-11: NHA TRANG & DALAT
Fly from Danang to Nha Trang, Vietnam's premier beach resort. An island boat cruise gives you the chance to relax, feast on fresh seafood and swim or snorkel. Get to know more about local life during a fishing village walking tour. Drive to Dalat via the Ponogar Cham Towers. Spend a morning exploring Dalat's colourful market, and visit Bao Dai's Summer Palace and Zen Monastery, taking a cable car ride.
Hotel: Novotel Nha Trang
Hotel: Saigon Dalat Hotel
DAYS 12-15: SAIGON & MEKONG DELTA
Travel by road to energetic Saigon, stopping en route at Kriang village. Embark on a thrilling speedboat ride to reach the historic Cu Chi tunnels. In the afternoon, get to know Saigon on a walking tour, taking in sites including Dong Khoi Street, the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Reunification Palace. Spend a day cruising through the canals of the Mekong Delta. Spend your last night in Saigon enjoying a farewell dinner with fellow travellers. On your last day, enjoy free time until your departure transfer.
Hotel: Palace Hotel
* From prices subject to availability and subject to change. Prices may fluctuate if surcharges, fees, taxes or currency change. Amounts payable to third parties not included. Airfares not included unless otherwise specified. Agents may charge service fees and/or fees for credit card payments which vary. Please check all prices, availability and other information with your travel consultant before booking. If you book with Insider Journeys an additional 2% fee applies to credit card or charge card payments (except in North America, where no fee is charged). Insider Journeys general booking conditions apply click here.